We are looking for new team members for Sun n’ Sup Paddleboard Shop.
Full-Time Staff-start date /approx. May 1st to end of August.
May: hrs. 25-35 hrs. per week, June-Aug: 32-40 hrs. per week
Hourly Rate: $18 & up depending on experience.
Part-time staff– start time is very flexible and May 1st through June. Casual, 1-4 days a week
(Part-time doesn’t necessarily need Driver’s License)
Hourly Rate: $16-$20 depending on experience.
- Physically fit and able to lift paddle boards etc.
- Sound leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Exude enthusiasm, patience, self-control, and a sense of humor is a must!
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily plans quickly
- Retail/sales skills would be an asset
- Fabulous people skills, you will meet a lot of wonderful folks
- Love Dogs, we have all the locals come by for treats daily
- Knowledge of the Naramata, Penticton, and area
- Valid Driver’s License
- Sales of sportswear, sandals, and paddleboards plus accessories
- Receiving, pricing, and displaying inventory
- Preparing clients with waivers and payment
- Sending out paddleboard, kayak rentals
- Following through will all safety procedures
- Checking in clients with launch and returns and asking how their experience was
- Open and close duties
- Keeping shop area inside and out neat and tidy
- Giving Tourist information of area
Preferences will be given to those applicants who have the following:
Have experience working in retail, sales, or tourism. Good water sports experience sup, kayak, surfski, kite, surf etc.
Working in the Okanagan outdoors in a fun and enthusiastic work environment. Lots of free paddle boarding for you and your family.
Wage: $16 to $20 per hour depending on experience and duties (performance bonus at season end)
Want to work 1 day a week, 3 or 5 we are flexible
May, June thru to end of August (very flexible with students going back in fall)
Please submit a cover letter with resume for application to: email@example.com